STRIVING TO ACHIEVE THE BEST FOR EVERY CHILD
Copperworks is situated approximately half a mile south of Llanelli Town Centre. It is the oldest remaining school in the Llanelli area and is rich in history, being established in 1847 by R.J.Nevill, to serve the children of the area. The original school building still stands to this day.There are, on average 120 - 140 pupils on roll, between the ages of 3 and 7 years old, accommodated within Nursery and Infant departments. All classes are situated within the main school building, except one, which is situated in a demountable classroom.
Copperworks is a Bilingual school, which means that Welsh is taught as a second language and used throughout the school day. At Copperworks School we are committed to promoting and developing a "Welshness" within the daily life of the pupils.